Scholarships are available to master’s and pre-dissertation Ph.D students, each with distinct eligibility requirements.
FULL-TIME GRADUATE SCHOLARSHIPS
The Spencer Educational Foundation awards $10,000 General Fund Graduate Scholarships. The Education Committee of the Foundation will consider applicants who meet the following criteria for the 2017-18 academic year:
- Full-time student (12 hours or more per term)* undergraduate junior/senior
- Field of study – normally a major or minor in a risk-management discipline
- Career objectives in risk management
- GPA of 3.3 or higher
- Relevant work experience
- Leadership skills
- Doctoral students should have had meaningful work experience
- January 31, 2018 — The application portal will be opened in Fall 2017
A complete application typically requires the application, an essay, a resume, and a transcript. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
The Spencer Educational Foundation awards scholarships on the basis of merit and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, handicap or veteran status.
Students awarded scholarships will have their resumes included in the Foundation’s Resume Book, which is distributed to top Foundation supporters. Those selected for named/memorial scholarships may be contacted by the sponsors of that scholarship.
If you have any question or would like additional information, please email Angela Sabatino, Program Director, or call her at 212.655.6223.