PART-TIME MASTER’S SCHOLARSHIP AWARDS
The Spencer Educational Foundations awards Part-time Master’s Scholarships to risk practitioners who attend graduate school part-time or online, while working full-time. Selected recipients will receive awards of up to $10,000. The award is given to recipients who will be enrolled part-time at an institution of higher learning during the 2016-17 academic year. The financial amount of the award would be equal to the student’s actual tuition and fees cost, offset by any corporate reimbursement, to a maximum of $10,000.
The Education Committee of the Foundation will consider applicants who meet the following criteria for the 2016-17 academic year:
- Enrollment status: Part-time Master’s candidate (minimum 12 hours of study per 12 month period)
- Field of study – normally a major or minor in a risk-management discipline
- Career objective in risk management
- Relevant work experience
- Leadership skills
- Strong undergraduate academic performance
- Documentation outlining employer’s tuition reimbursement policy
- Candidates in Executive MBA programs are ineligible for these scholarships.
- May 1, 2017: Applications for this cycle are currently under review. The application portal will open in February for 2018 applications.
- Applications for 2017 Scholarships can be accessed by clicking on the link at right. They are due May 1.
The Spencer Educational Foundation, Inc. awards scholarships on the basis of merit and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, handicap or veteran status.
If you have any questions or would like additional information, please email Angela Sabatino, or call her at 212.655.5223.