Through our summer internships, students learn about the field in a real world business setting where they can quickly apply what they know, respond to new experiences, and begin to develop contacts in the industry. The Foundation provides grants of up to $5,000 to provide these experiential learning opportunities.
- Employers must be Professional Members of the Risk and Insurance Management Society, Inc. (RIMS). Associate Members of RIMS are not eligible to apply.
- Internships must last a minimum of eight consecutive weeks, with some allowance for time off.
- The name of the intern or the university you will approach for a suitable intern. (If you are selected to receive an internship grant, you must secure a commitment from an intern within 60 days or receiving your grant acceptance letter)
- Students must have a current cumulative GPA of 2.7 or higher from an accredited college or university.
- Students must be majoring in Risk Management or related fields of study such as Actuarial, Business Administration, or Finance.
- The internship position must be heavily weighted to meaningful projects or responsibilities in risk management.
- Grant recipients must confirm the selection of an intern within 60 days of notification of approval OR FORFEIT THE GRANT.
- A copy of the intern’s transcript (original or electronic) and his/her resume must be sent to Spencer in order to receive grant funding. If you already have an intern in mind, please upload his or her resume and a copy of a recent transcript to the application.
Internship Application Deadline
- 2018 internship grant applications are due January 9, 2018
For additional questions, please contact Angela Sabatino.